8 April 2010

Be a Blessing

Genesis 12:1-2 (New International Version)
1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing."

A friend of mine recently signed off one of her emails to me with an encouragement to me to 'be a blessing'. How those words have stayed with me this week, eventually inspiring this email... 

You know, I'd like to think I was a blessing - I certainly don't set out to be the opposite - but in my haste to be a blessing to others, do I sometimes cut corners, inadvertently missing out on the blessings that are meant for me? I hope not.

Praise God, from whom all blessings flow;
Praise him, all creatures here below;
Praise him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
SASB 959 (Thomas Ken)

No comments: