10 September 2026

God still has work for me to do

It's now been three months since I retired from full-time employment. Three whole months. And the world has, remarkably, kept on spinning.

Yes, I am still enjoying my retirement. No, I'm not having a lay-in every morning. In fact, I'm still getting up at the same time - that's the natural time for me to wake up. I do now have time for a midday nap from time to time...

No, I don't miss the work, or the commuting, or the politics that always makes work life so *interesting*. No, I'm not spending every other moment at the Army hall. Yes, I have enough money to live on - I'm not rich by any extent, however I have enough to get by.  Yes, I am rediscovering hobbies from the past and finally getting to read all those books from the large wobbly pile in my study!

And, yes, I am still excited for the future. Because God has so much for me still to do. He still has a purpose for my life, and God is still not finished shaping me or using me. 

Philippians 1: 3-6 (NIV)
3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.


No comments: